Day 4 What I’m proud of

I am not a prolific reader.  It’s a chore, I fall asleep because my brain is going faster than I can get the words and concepts to it.  Never read much outside of assignments in school.  So my writing has reflected that.  Short, not much on the extra verbiage side either.  That has gotten me in trouble or at least undermined my efforts when doing presentations or corrispondence.  So why this admission now.  Ive been thinking about the prompt for yesterday actually and feel this can be a two word essay today.  My Kids.  But that isn’t what the intent of this exercise is, correct?  Well for parent there isn’t much else that can eclipse seeing your kids grow up and succeed.  Sure there are other things I have done and can say I am proud of but they cant compare to your children.
Each day we get a prompt and they ask you to set a goal of writing 100 words.  Hu...100 words is that like breaking 100 in golf or running a marathon under 4 hours...a noble goal but way out of reach for some and not a stretch for others.  How about this...write a sentence and see what happens. So what am I proud of today, starting to look forward and taking steps to learn from the past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ride with James - February 26th ride report

August Newsletter - Race Report

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Dinner...focus on the rest of the year.